Thursday, April 23, 2009

There's a Heartbeat! - 6 Weeks, 4 Days



Well after last week's triumphs, we got to end this week on a good note. I went in for a follow-up sonogram due to the fact of all of my cramping and sickness last week. Since Eric was not able to take off work again today, my mom and his mom went with me to the doctor.

Good news...we saw (not heard...it's too early) a little heartbeat! He/she was beating at a strong 126 beats per minute (normal for 6 weeks, 4 days). They told me that the baby is about the size of a Rice Krispie right now (soooo tiny!). He/she will be soon be the size of a Gummy Bear, and then a Teddy Gram soon after that. We are so excited!

Today we called my paternal grandparents (Grandma Lois and Padre), Eric's grandmother, and Eric's side of the family to let them know that we are officially pregnant and that we saw a heartbeat today. Everyone was more excited than we expected. Here are some of their reactions:

Joyce's (Eric's paternal grandmother), "Grandmother", reaction: "Well, I was having just the most boring day. All I did was play bridge. I prayed that something good would happen to me because it's been so boring around here. Ohhhhhh...this is the best news I have heard in so long. You made my day! Everything has just happened in the right order for you guys. Eric went to college, you guys had a beautiful wedding, and now I am going to be a great-grandmother to another baby!"

Mama Mona's (my maternal grandmother) reaction: "Yea! My official new name is "GREAT Mama Mona"...make sure to put an emphasis on GREAT!"

Grandma Lois and Padre's reaction (my paternal grandparents): "Oh joy! We love you so much. We are so happy for you guys. We are going to get pictures along the way right? We are sooooo proud of you guys!"

We are so thrilled. Eric and I could not be more excited. Here is a picture of a picture of our sonogram. I will be having an official better quality scan of the picture up soon (hopefully tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment