Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter: April 12, 2009

Well, the hormone surge is definitely here! Yesterday Eric and I decided to actually work on the house (we have been bad over the last few weekends and have been taking it easy so this was our weekend to catch up). At about 11:00 we decided that he would do the yard while I did the inside of the house. About 2:00 rolled around and Eric came in to check on me. Our converstaion:

Eric: Hey honey...just coming to check on you. How are you doing?

ML (in the middle of sobbing): Well, I just cleaned the mirrors 3 times and they still have streaks. I have tried 409, All Purpose Cleaner, and Windex and NOTHING IS WORKING. Why will it not work? Will you try and see if it works for you? UGH!!!

Eric: Honey, take a break (as he tries not to laugh because he knows it's just the hormones and this is TOTALLY NOT my personality considering normally, I could care less if there are streaks...I just like to get the cleaning over with) and just relax.

ML: I want to take a break, but I can't...I HAVE TO FINISH so I can just take a nap. I am exhausted...and why am I crying over streaks on a mirror?

Eric: Just take a break and go outside and relax. You can come outside and lay down on the patio couch and watch me dig up weeds. Come on, it will be fun!

ML: Okay...but I need a hug!

Of course he gave me a huge hug and then made sure I did actually go outside with him.

Yep, the hormones were flying. I was probably not the most pleasant person to be around yesterday (in fact, I felt quite bad after realizing how I had acted), yet I know that I couldn't help it. The littlest things are setting me off right now. When I was mopping the floor, Caesar (our 4 month old puppy) decided to run through the wet area. That made me cry too. Eric really made me feel a lot better as he supported me through the day. I am sure he was ready to get rid of me by the end of the day though...ha ha! I am sure it helped to have Jenna and Noelle over for dinner last night. It took off some of the edge. :)

Today we went over to my parents' house for Easter lunch. It was my mom, James, Susan (my sister), Chris (her boyfriend), Eric, and I. We had a blast.

After going over to mom's, we headed over to Eric's parents' house. I felt so bad, but as soon as we got there, I HAD to have a nap. I don't know why I have been so tired recently. I took an hour nap which I felt like I had slept a century. We had fajitas for dinner. Another blast!

At both houses of course we talked about the baby that's on it's way. It's so fun to know that soon we are going to have our own little family. We are so blessed to have families that care so much and are both so excited! We keep praying that all goes well with our little one that is in my belly as I approach 5 weeks tomorrow.

Off to work tomorrow after a 3 day weekend. (We had Friday off because of Good Friday). Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment