Friday, April 10, 2009

It's Official...








I am 4 weeks pregnant! Eric and I decided back in late February that we would start to plan our own family. We sure didn't think it would only take just ONE MONTH!

Friday, April 3, 2009, we were about to head out the door to go to Sarah Seeley's going away party. We decided that it would be smart to take a pregnancy test (since I was due Monday and a test should show up positive if I was pregnant) to see if I could drink that night. I took the test and walked away to put Caesar in his kennel.

Noelle called in the mean time to tell us she had gotten to BJ's early. Then in the middle of telling her that we were running a few minutes late, Eric grabbed me and pointed to the test with a huge smirk on his face as he covered the pregnancy test (Note: I was still on the phone with Noelle). Of course, I took it as that he was playing a joke on me in that we were pregnant...and then I saw the results in all capital letters "PREGNANT." I had to celebrate so I told Noelle we were on our way and that I would see her shortly.

We went to dinner and saw tons of old friends. Do you know how hard it is to not tell your friends? There was so much excitement in us, however, we were not 100% sure of the results. After dinner we ran to the store and bought another brand of test. We tested again, and once again, with a different test, it read positive.

Saturday morning we were still in disbelief. How are we so lucky to be so blessed to be pregnant on the first try? We have several friends who it took several months, and others who are still trying. We know that we were so blessed because we have been praying that when the timing is right, that God would bless us with a baby. Sure enough, he answered our prayers. We just didn't think it would happen this fast!!! We decided to take one more test...and once again, positive. We were so excited that we did not want wait until Monday for a blood test (home pregnancy tests are not as acurate as blood tests) so we decided at 7:00 p.m. to go to Care Now in Allen. Care Now was EXTREMELY busy, so busy that there was an ambulance delivery and we heard that someone had cut their finger off (not the same incident). After waiting for over an hour, we decided to be the bigger and better people, and let them know that our visit could wait (we felt bad about the others) until the next day. Then of course they told us that we were next in line. Five minutes later we went into the back. They weighed me, took my temperature, and then we sat in a room and waited. The waiting felt like FOREVER! They had me do another urine test and shortly after that, the nurse came in to draw my blood. When she came in, she disclosed that the urine test was positive, yet we would have to wait until Monday to get our blood test results back. She said that after the nightmares they had had that night, it made her day to give the news that we were going to have our own little family now.

Sunday we told our parents, brothers, sisters, and grandparents. We are slowly telling friends as we see them. Everyone is busting at the seams. We requested that our family wait to tell their friends until after our first appointment.

Monday was quite stressful. We knew we were pregnant, however, you still wonder. I called Monday during my planning period, and sure enough, the results were once again that I am pregnant.

I have my first pre-natal visit on Monday, April 21st so pray that everything goes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment