Wednesday, October 7, 2009

30 Weeks (7 1/2 Months) Pregnant - Baby London (Britney Spears' Yorkie)/ Baby Squash











This is NOT Brianna...just a picture of a 30 Week Old Baby...









Sorry if this is not something you wanted to see...but a lot of people have been asking to see my actual belly...so....here it is...

She is totally going under my ribs now days and making it WAY HARDER to breathe...as you can tell, you can no longer see where my ribs are where as in the 26 week picture, you kinda could see them..Big news for baby's brain this week: It's starting to wrinkle and fold and looks like something that grew in the back of your fridge. This is due to the rapid growth of your little genius's brain cells. Other highlights this week:Fingernails and toenails are finally finished—causing his or her parents great fear and anguish the first time they try to cut those little daggers (it gets easier, we promise)! Plus, the bone marrow is completely in charge of red-blood-cell production now. Trust us, this is a good thing.Baby is starting to shed his lanugo—the downy hair that was covering his skin. Now that she's chubbier and better able to regulate his body temp, she doesn't need to sport a fur coat 24/7."I spy an umbilical cord and the inside of my mom's uterus!" When your baby is awake, her eyes are now wide open and she's whittling away the hours looking around, checking out her rather dark, limited environs. Your baby hasn't gained much weight or height this week, as most of her energy's been channeled to the brain. She weighs about 3 pounds and is approximately 15.5 inches long, about the size of London, not the city, Britney Spears' Yorkie terrier. Of course your baby is less hairy and way cuter!

Your baby is continuing to grow and develop during pregnancy at 30 weeks, filling out your uterus more and more every day. You have probably noticed an arm or leg moving across your belly at one time or another. (Yep...I am starting to feel limbs but I am not quite sure what they are yet though. I am going to ask Dr. Levy tomorrow when I am there for my 30 week appointment. Brianna tends to be on my right side of my body...at least that is where I feel her pushing and kicking my ribs a lot.) Many parents have a lot of fun playing "guess the body part" as their unborn baby moves underneath mom's belly during pregnancy 30 weeks. This game is even more interesting as your pregnancy week by week continues. A hard round lump is likely either the head or your baby's bottom, whereas a longer flat surface may be your baby's back. Your healthcare provider may be able to help you identify your baby's bumps and lumps at your next prenatal visit.
You may be feeling a little tired these days, (UMMM ya...not sure if I am tired from the pregnancy or my 23 kindergartners and all the problems they are having) especially if you're having trouble sleeping (which I am). You might also feel clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off. (Yeah for flats!) Also, this relaxation of your ligaments can actually cause your feet to spread permanently, so you may have to invest in some new shoes in a bigger size (all I am wearing these days are flip flops so not quite sure what the winter months are going to bring...).Remember those mood swings you had earlier in pregnancy? The combination of uncomfortable symptoms and hormonal changes can result in a return of those emotional ups and downs. (Yep, having those again. I really just wanted to cry today at school. It's been a LONG and HARD year. I am so ready to go on maternity leave...). It's normal to worry about what your labor will be like or whether you'll be a good parent. But if you can't shake the blues or feel increasingly irritable or agitated, talk to your doctor or midwife. You may be among the 1 in 10 expectant women who battle depression during pregnancy.

2 comments:

  1. Man, am I GLAD that Grayson never made it into my ribcage like Brianna is!! Although, it is quite annoying when he decides to head bang on my bladder!!! At least I can breathe!!! bahahaha!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....
    girls you are so cute with your big baby bellys.. you should decorate them .like basketballs.

    ReplyDelete