Wednesday, August 26, 2009

24 Weeks (6 months) Pregnant - Baby Ear of Corn


If I look super duper tired in this picture, it's because I am. :) I worked 12 hours Monday, 14 hours yesterday and 13 hours today (all of these days being non-stop work ! Welcome to the first week of kindergarten! :) I think that Brianna really has enjoyed me being in kindergarten because she sure kicks A LOT during the day now...enough where I can feel her quite a few times in the middle of the day! She must either hear all the comotion with the kids, my singing of the kindergarten songs, or me talking louder than I do at home. (You kinda have to talk a little louder when you have 23 kiddos - 15 of them being boys...yes, you read that right!) I told my kiddos yesterday that I have a "little baby girl growing in my tummy so we have to be gentle when we hug Mrs. Grounds." They have been so interested and asking lots of questions about how big she is (if she is bigger than them...ha ha), if she is kicking (and if they can feel her), what she looks like, etc...luckily NOTHING about how she got there...ha ha. If that happens, we decided to say that the stork put her in me. HA HA! Before I told my class about "my baby," a little girl came up to me and said, "My mommy told me that she thinks you have a baby in your tummy." I of course told her, "Your mommy is right...I do have a baby in my tummy." I later told the mother what her little girl had said and she said, "Oh good. I was hoping you did! I probably should not have said anything to her just in case you were not. Wow would that have been embarrassing!" So needless to say, I guess I actually finally do look pregnant instead of people thinking, "Is that girl fat or pregnant?". :)








At about this time the reality of having a baby is definitely setting in (maybe it's the fact that you can't see your toes)...ummm...luckily I CAN still see my toes...

Your baby isn't just sitting around (on your bladder) doing nothing, she's working hard preparing for life outside the womb—perfecting her lungs and packing on the pounds. She'll gain ½ pound this week alone. Other highlights this week:Things are starting to get a little crowded inside the old womb as baby grows bigger and bigger. The fetus does not have as much room in the uterus now as space gets tighter. Because of the increasing weight of your body you can experience backaches, bladder problems, and fatigue and sore feet along with nose bleeds in some cases. (I have had all of the above unfortunately...) The baby now has no place in the uterus to do somersaults and cartwheels as the baby is getting plumper and the tummy tighter. Your ribs are probably pining away for the good old days when they didn't have a foot permanently lodged between them. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to get worse before it gets better.Your baby's ears are fully functional now. And since they are, you may notice that loud noises and sudden movements can startle the little bugger. She's getting used to the everyday sounds inside the womb: the sound of your heart beating, your lungs inhaling and exhaling air, the growling of your stomach because your partner promised he'd be right back with that double cheeseburger and he's taking forever! He'll even be able to hear your voice when your partner finally arrives and you ask him where the bleep he's been! So talk nice!Baby's got a fully developed inner ear now. This means her sense of balance is working and she can tell whether she's hanging upside down or right side up. She can also feel you moving, so go ahead, pop in your favorite tunes and boogie.Your little Wiener schnitzel is about the length of a foot-long Chicago hot dog or ear of corn and weighs about 1 1/3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment